Our website (“the Site”), www.point5kitchens.co.uk, is operated by Point 5 Kitchens Ltd, a company registered in England with the company number 0828189. The registered address is Lynwood House, 373-375 Station Road, Harrow, Middlesex, United Kingdom, HA1 2AW. (“We/Us/Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Point 5 Kitchens Ltd.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION
We may collect and process personal information about customers/clients, referral partners, suppliers, and any other third parties relevant to the company’s business via telephone or face-to-face conversations, email correspondence, website contact request forms, social media platforms and any other day-to-day business activities.
We may sometimes collect additional information from third parties including customers, suppliers and other referees or in order to perform other background checks. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address, phone number and other information, which may be needed to provide our service to you. We will only use your personal information to administer your account and to provide the products and services you requested from us.
Information we collect about you: with regard to each of your visits to the Site, we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, browser plug- in types and versions, operating system and platform;
-information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers), and methods used to browse away from the page;
– Links on the Website to third party websites, including without limitation our list of “suppliers” whom we recommend and work with, will have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the actions of these companies or their privacy policies. Please check their policies before you submit any personal data to them;
– to improve the Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
– to allow you to participate in any interactive features of the Site when you choose to do so;
– as part of our efforts to keep the Site safe and secure.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– to process your order, or where we need to perform the contract we have entered into with you, or to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
– to contact you or for selected third parties to contact you for marketing purposes related to your design requirements;
– in certain cases we may contact you by phone or use your email address to send you information on our other related products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase;
– We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Point 5 Kitchens Ltd uses the information collected from you to perform the contract we have entered into with you to provide you with the benefits of being a Point 5 Kitchens Ltd customer/client. Point 5 Kitchens Ltd also acts on behalf of its clients in the capacity of data processor. When working exclusively as a data processor, The Point 5 Kitchens Ltd will be acting on the instruction of its client and will work hard to ensure that the client is fully GDPR compliant.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
– business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
– analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Website;
– credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in
order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or
our rights, property, or safety or those of our clients. This includes
exchanging information with other companies and organisations for
the purposes of fraud and privacy protection or credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Staff operating outside the EEA who works for us may also process it. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and our CRM system Hubspot. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security-unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. For example; request a brochure, newsletter sign up and arrange a design meeting you do not need to tick the opt-in tick box, for marketing information which includes prize draws at events, competitions with third parties you will be given an opt in tick box. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
our processing of your personal information. Any changes to this Policy
will be posted on our website.